Negativity


Gosh, that last post sure was negative! Sometimes it almost feels like I need to let out the negativity and then I feel better. That's certainly what happened over the last 24 hours. Nothing else changed, but I feel better. Perhaps its recognition that I am not crazy for feeling that my wife and I just aren't meant to be together long-term. Maybe its having some idea of a time frame for the upcoming major events in my life, Job in 12 months after my youngest goes to Middle School. Divorce when she graduates high school in 8 years, damn, that's too long! And of course there is another side to the whole affair; my wife's. Perhaps she would blame more of our difficulties on me not being in touch with my emotions. Or being borderline depressed. Or who knows what else. These are the ones I can think of based on things from the history of our relationship. And some of them have an element of truth to them. But mostly we get along ok, and I hope to continue to get along ok with her for as long as possible. For even though I think the world of my ex-lover, I never thought we had a long-term future together, and I still don't. So there's nobody for me to run off with into the sunset...