Tis so Much Better to Get Rid of than Receive


There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who find more excitement in getting a new box of stuff, and those who find more excitement in getting rid of a box of stuff. Although my home would suggest the former, I'm definitely in the latter camp. One great way to clear stuff out without having to haul it somewhere or host a garage sale is Freecycle (although I've heard the Craigslist "free" space works well too). I've used Freecycle to unload all kinds of stuff that I thought no one would want, including arcane textbooks, humongous curtain rods, valences, light fixtures (broken and not), and a pile of bricks. This week I plan to get rid of a jogging stroller that's been through a decade of kiddos. Finnaly, oh my God, the anticipation. So, if your place is beginning to look like it needs an Oprah intervention, check out freecycle.org. Hmmm, I'm feeling all public service-y right now. That's a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment